The International Biometric Society has bestowed the award of Honorary Life Member since 1964. In addition to the honor, recipients receive all the rights and privileges of a regular member.
Representative Council members, Executive Board members, and Regional Presidents may submit nominations of regular IBS members until 6 March 2020.
When considering whether to nominate a member, please note the following:
- Current Representative Council members and Executive Board members are ineligible for nomination.
- Each nomination must be sponsored by five (5) or more members, including at least two (2) from outside the candidate’s Region (if the candidate belongs to a Region).
- A statement of support for the nomination should be submitted by the sponsors at the time of nominations.
- A region may support multiple nominees. However, no more than one (1) individual from each region should be nominated, unless otherwise agreed to by the President.
An election will be conducted by the Representative Council, who will be informed of all valid nominations received. In this election, each member of the Representative Council may support a maximum of four candidates, but no candidate shall be elected to Honorary Life Membership unless supported by the majority of the Representative Council. No more than four individuals may be honored during each even-numbered year. The announcement of the newly elected Honorary Life Members(s) shall be made by the President at the International Biometric Conference (IBC) in Seoul, Korea.
- The deadline for nominations is 6 March 2020.
- Please send all nominations in electronic format to Representative Council Chair Alison Kelly at Alison.Kelly@daf.qld.gov.au with a copy to the IBO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each nomination must be supported by five (5) or more members. Two (2) of the supporting members must be outside of the candidate’s Region.
- A statement of support should be submitted by the sponsors.
- Submissions must be editable text so that they can be included in a ballot.
- We ask that individuals not submit their nominations until the nomination materials are considered complete.
- Current Representative Council members and Executive Board members are ineligible for nominations.
If you would like a sample submission, please contact the IBO at email@example.com.