Rob Kempton Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Development of Biometry in the Developing World
The International Biometrics Society (IBS) announces that nominations are now open for one of the Society’s most revered awards. This is the Rob Kempton Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Development of Biometry in the Developing World. The award will be presented at the International Biometric Conference in Riga, Latvia during IBC 2022.
The award consists of a Recognition Award, which will be presented in Riga, and complimentary IBS membership for the next calendar year (which may be donated to a member from a lower-and-middle-income country, if the award winner so chooses). A full list of Kempton Award recipients may be found here.
We invite Regional Presidents and/or Network coordinators to submit nominations of Regular members until 15 March 2022.
- Those submitting a nomination must be either a Region President or Network Coordinator.
- Each nomination must be in support of a member who, in the eyes of the nominator, has made or is making significant contributions to the development of biometry in the developing world.
- Current Representative Council Members and Executive Board Members are ineligible for nomination. A list of these members may be viewed here.
- The nomination must be sponsored by at least two Regular members from other Regions.
- A statement supporting the nomination should be submitted in editable text by the sponsor.
- Please send all nominations via e-mail to Representative Council Liaison Lila Horowitz at email@example.com with a copy sent to Executive Director Peter Doherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominations will only be accepted through 15 March 2022.
The IBS Representative Council will receive and consider all nominations in late March, 2022. Note that the nominee should not be made aware of the nomination that is being made on their behalf. The Representative Council will make the final decision regarding all Kempton Award Winners.
If you would like a sample nomination package, please contact the International Business Office at email@example.com. We invite you to make nominations of those colleagues worthy of recognition. Thank you for your interest!