The International Statistical Institute (ISI) and the International Biometric Society (IBS) are jointly sponsoring an initiative to fund two young statisticians who belong to the IBS to participate in the 2017 World Statistics Congress (WSC) being held in Marrakech Morocco on 16-21 July.
A “young statistician” is someone who has obtained their most recent statistics qualification in the last ten years, i.e. their PhD (or latest degree in statistics) was awarded after 2006. He or she must be a current member of the IBS.
Funding will include the following:
- Registration for 2017 WSC
- Return economy airfare to Marrakech Morocco
- An amount to cover six (6) nights reasonably good accommodation (to be used as the successful applicant wishes)
- Registration fee for attending a short course or satellite meeting (chosen by the successful applicant)
- An amount to cover two additional nights’ accommodation.
Each of the two successful applicants will be required to submit an oral paper or a poster for presentation at the 2017 WSC.
The successful applicants are expected to join the ISI and its Young Statisticians Section to help promote collaboration between the young statisticians of ISI and IBS.
Information required in the application is as follows:
- A curriculum vitae of at most two pages
- Statement of up to 100 words indicating how participation in the 2017 WSC will promote positive interaction between ISI and IBS and your personal career.
Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously attended a World Statistics Congress.